How to Get the Most Out of Social Media
As an expert, you have a lot of useful knowledge to share and social media is a great way to do it. Social media lets you connect with homeowners where theyre spending time on a regular basis: online. And when youre getting in front of homeowners regularly, theyll think of you first when they need to hire a pro. Heres how to get the most out of some of the most popular social networks:
Facebook is the most popular social site, and it’s also the most personal and engaging. Facebook helps you build trust, relationships and awareness about your business. It lets you have one-on-one conversations with your followers; create and share photo albums; and post videos, news and updates. You can also run targeted ads to grow your following for just a few dollars. Facebook is great for all types of pros looking to regularly connect and share information with new and existing customers.
• Create a business page separate from your personal page
• Post at least once a day – and always post valuable, relevant content
• Post a lot of videos and colorful images – especially of your work
• Post client testimonials – and ask for referrals and ratings and reviews
• Use Facebook’s metrics feature to measure your results
YouTube is a good platform for businesses that create a lot of videos (e.g., plumbers showing pipe installations, landscapers showing tree removal, etc.). YouTube is the largest search engine next to Google. And it allows people to discover, watch and share originally created videos. YouTube offers a unique opportunity to share tips and advice to help and inspire customers. And it’s a great way to convey the personality and expertise of your business and employees.
• Create and post videos that relate to your business
• Be helpful and provide useful information
• Provide a good description of your videos
• Post videos with high-quality visuals and audio
• Add links to your website and other social channels
Pinterest works like an online bulletin board. Users collect ideas and inspiration — usually in the form of images, graphics and videos — from other users and websites by “pinning” them to boards dedicated to their interests. Pinterest is a great way for remodelers, painters and designers to be discovered by homeowners who are serious about starting a home project.
• Use pins to show people how your services can help them
• Post colorful, high-quality photos of your work and link them to your website
• Use Pinterest’s analytics feature to see what kind of pins perform best
• Follow other users and like and re-pin their pins
Interested in learning about other social media networks? View the full article