Wear long sleeves and pants – as well as gloves and work boots or sturdy shoes – to avoid injuries from stray nails and other hazardous debris. Wear protective clothing if available.
SHUT OFF GAS AND ELECTRICAL POWER
If you suspect that there is damage to your home, shut off electrical power, natural gas and propane tanks to prevent fire, electrocution and explosions. Use battery-powered flashlights to see in the dark. Don’t use candles.
DELAY USE OF TAP WATER
Avoid drinking tap water – or using tap water to prepare food – until you are sure that it has not been contaminated.
STAY AWAY FROM
Stay away from downed power lines, and report them to the police and your utility company as soon as possible.